Welcome to our first, Playground Chatter! Our new blog series, where we get to profile and chat with some of the best executives in town! Sure, we could ask about all their fancy business stuff but since we are fun monsters, we want to know how they spend their spare time!
Meet our first Playground Monitor: Sharon Mintz, Owner of Organic Elements
What is your grown up job? I don’t know, I’ll decide when I grow up. Oh, you mean wedding florist :).
How can we find you?
1) Tell us where you spent your childhood years. Is there one year you remember most?
I grew up in Los Angeles in the 80-90’s so the usual, Beverly Center, Century City, 3rd Street…
2) Favorite part of the playground to hang out in? Swings
3) Lunch pail, brown bag or did you buy lunch?
Tupperware (due to my mother’s hobbies) lunchbox.
4) What would be your ideal recess today?
Snorkeling on the beach with breaks of cold drinks and absolute silence to listen to only the waves.
5) Does your company encourage recess for their employees?
Yes, paid for field trips included.
6) If I deemed you Playground Monitor for the next 15 minutes, how would you rally your employees? What activity would everyone participate in?
Team cheer, all hands in and a quick baton race.
7) What rules did you learn on the playground that you still utilize today?
Fair is fair, be kind to everyone-you never know who will grow larger than you later in life, you have to join in the activity to have fun with the group… but you can still make up your own games and lead the charge.
8) When does time disappear for you?
Talk about your hobbies. Currently my time disappears making sure my children have plenty of time for recess themselves, my time will come again soon enough.
9) What is one area of your life where you need more recess?
Sleep. I work in my dreams. Though I love what I do, I need to dream further away.
10) What is your authentic intention (that thing that you really, really want to do or accomplish?) What are you doing to get there?
I have a first child, it’s about 10 now and it’s name is Organic Elements. I work, everyday to make sure it is happy and healthy, surrounded both those that make it so. Everyday I focus on how it can be smarter, stronger and more beautiful to all it touches.
11) What can you do to design your life to better incorporate more recess? (Pinky Swear).
Declare some days off (even a few per year), and mean it!